Today, just in time for the festive season, Opera Software announced the availability of Opera 11.60, its latest desktop browser.
Just in time for the holiday season, Opera Software today released Opera 11.60, the newest version of Opera’s desktop browser. Almost 50% of the world’s population has never tried a new browser — and Opera suggests a new browser is a gift that keeps giving all year round.
“It’s better to give than to receive, so why not give that special someone a new browser,” says Jan Standal, VP of desktop products at Opera Software. “People spend more time working with their browser than they do with their car, so it makes sense to shop around and consider their options. If your best friend drove a Yugo, you’d help them find something else, right?”
Using yet another car analogy, Standal continues: “If we were a car, this browser would be an extremely potent, yet comfortable, four-by-four. Sleek and stylish, and with no CO2 emissions whatsoever. Your neighbours will envy you.”
Millions of people have never stepped out of the comfort zone of their computer’s default browser, so we produced a list of 10 reasons why now is the perfect time to move away from the boring browser that came with your computer and try something new, Opera perhaps.
1. You clean everything to prepare for the holiday, why not your computer?
2. No assembly required; it’s all in the download package.
3. It is free, a deal year-round, rather than a Black Friday doorbuster.
4. Unlike socks, this fits everyone.
5. We tried not to say it, so we misspelled it: IT’S FSAT.
6. Justin Bieber doesn’t use it.
7. It’s supported by science since version 10 (at least)
8. Your kids won’t wake you up at the crack of dawn Christmas morning; they’ll be too busy with the browser.
9. See #6.
10. Your current browser is so fat it can’t slide down the chimney.